2.07.2012

Lawyer's Oath (Attorney's Oath)

ATTORNEY’S OATH

I, _______ DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL MAINTAIN MY ALLEGIANCE TO THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES;

I WILL SUPPORT

  • ITS CONSTITUTION AND 
  • OBEY ITS LAWS 
  • AS WELL AS THE LEGAL ORDERS OF THE DULY CONSTITUTED AUTHORITIES THEREIN; 

I WILL DO NO

  • FALSEHOOD, NOR 
  • CONSENT TO THE DOING OF ANY IN COURT; 

I WILL NOT WITTINGLY OR WILLINGLY PROMOTE OR SUE ANY

  • GROUNDLESS, 
  • FALSE OR 
  • UNLAWFUL SUIT, NOR 
  • GIVE AID NOR CONSENT TO THE SAME; 

I WILL DELAY NO MAN FOR MONEY OR MALICE, AND WILL CONDUCT MYSELF AS A LAWYER ACCORDING TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND DISCRETION WITH ALL GOOD FIDELITY AS WELL TO THE COURTS AS TO MY CLIENTS; AND

I IMPOSE UPON MYSELF THIS VOLUNTARY OBLIGATION WITHOUT ANY MENTAL RESERVATION OR PURPOSE OF EVASION, SO HELP ME GOD.


--------------------------------------------------------
As Enunciated in
ARRIETA V LLOSA
A.C. No. 4369 November 28, 1997

Relevant Notes:
As a lawyer commissioned to be a notary public, respondent is mandated to discharge his sacred duties which are dictated by public policy and, as such, impressed with public interest. Faithful observance and utmost respect of the legal solemnity of an oath in an acknowledgment or jurat is sacrosanct.

That respondent acted the way he did because he was confronted with an alleged urgent situation is no excuse at all. As an individual, and even more so as a member of the legal profession,
  • HE IS REQUIRED TO OBEY THE LAWS OF THE LAND AT ALL TIMES, 
  • TO REFRAIN FROM ENGAGING IN UNLAWFUL, DISHONEST, IMMORAL OR DECEITFUL CONDUCT AT ALL TIMES, 
  • TO UPHOLD THE INTEGRITY OF HIS PROFESSION AT ALL TIMES, 
  • TO PROMOTE RESPECT TO HIS PROFESSION AT ALL TIMES, AND 
  • TO ACT WITH JUSTICE AT ALL TIMES.

Featured post

Property: Immovable and Movable Case Doctrines